With the holiday season in full swing, things seem to be getting busier and busier. After long days of shopping, wrapping, baking, and going to visit family, the last thing you want to do is spend a few hours cooking and then another hour or so cleaning up. That’s where one-pot meals come in! They’re perfect for busy schedules, and seafood is a perfect protein for them! As a bonus, these recipes can be done with any pot or pan- no fancy pressure cooker or slow cooker required!
Mustard Salmon With Asparagus
Materials: Sheet pan
– Olive oil
– Salt, pepper, paprika
– Whole grain mustard.
– Preheat oven to 275 °F and line your sheet with parchment paper.
– Toss the asparagus in oil, salt and pepper, and bake for 5 minutes.
– Spread mustard onto salmon and top with salt and pepper.
– Put salmon on the baking sheet with the asparagus for about 15 minutes, or until salmon is done to your preference.
Tip: if you want to use just one more pan, we recommend chopping up some potatoes to bake alongside your meal!
Pasta Primavera With Shrimp
Materials: Large pot
– 12 oz of a short pasta
– 8 oz cleaned shrimp
– 10 oz broccoli florets
– 6 oz trimmed green beans
– 1 cup frozen green peas
– 1 pint cherry tomatoes
– Lemon zest, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese.
– Place pasta, garlic, salt, and black pepper in the pot and cover with around 3.5 cups of hot water Cover and bring to a boil.
– Once boiling, uncover and set a timer to cook to package directions. When five minutes remain, stir in broccoli and green beans.
– When two minutes remain, stir in shrimp, tomatoes, peas and butter—cover and cook for the remaining time.
– From there, uncover and cook until the pasta is tender, the shrimp are cooked, and the liquid is gone-about one to two minutes. Top with zest, parmesan cheese, and red pepper flakes!
Tip: for added flavor, use chicken or vegetable stock in place of water!
Now that you’re prepared with tasty, simple meals, all that’s left is to get the ingredients. When you’re busy juggling a million things, you want to ensure the food you put on the table will nourish your body and taste amazing. When purchasing seafood for your one-pot recipes, we encourage you to visit us here at Dockside Seafood. Our market has fresh seafood for you to buy, and if you’re too tired to cook, our restaurant offers fresh fish of the day. If you want to take it one step further, we offer fishing tours and, for a nominal fee, will prepare the fish you caught right at the restaurant! We have proudly served Virginia Beach, VA, for years. Our menu features everything from freshly caught seafood to pasta. To make a reservation, give us a call at 757-481-4545.