Dockside Fishing Center offers half-day fishing trips, and bay cruises along Virginia Beach. Our fishing trips run from early spring through late fall, depending on weather conditions. We run predominately half-day fishing trips and specialize in providing a friendly environment suited for the whole family. We welcome the avid anglers as well as first timers. Our boats are inspected by the U.S. Coast Guard annually and carry the latest in fish finding technology. Although the fish don’t always bite, our experienced deckhands work hard to make sure you have great time. You may even catch sight of a few dolphins!
Dockside is located just minutes from some of the best fishing the Chesapeake Bay has to offer. Fishing trips at dockside are designed to be trouble free as prices include bait and tackle, and we also offer ample free parking. Please remember your deckhands do work for tips as is customary in this industry.
Call (757) 481-4545 for reservations.
Summer Half Day Fishing
Departing at 8AM and Returning at 12PM
Children 3 thru 10 years. – $25.00
Departing at 1PM and Returning at 4PM
Adults – $35.00
Children 3 thru 10 years. – $20.00
Prices and Schedules will be different so please call for up to the minute pricing and scheduling.
As always, children under 3 are FREE on all of our trips!
Active Duty Military [Monday-Friday] – $3 off regular price
What to expect on our trips:
- Since we cater to many first time anglers and cruisers, we would like to share some information before your arrival.
- Our morning fishing trips last about 4 hours from start to finish and our afternoon trips last about 3 hours.
- Please wear soft soled shoes. No high heals or hard soled boots.
- Remember your sunscreen, hats and visors are also advisable.
- A snack bar is available on board selling light snacks and beverages. We do not sell alcohol on board and do not allow hard liquor however, you may bring beer or wine as well as any other food items.
- Ticket sales are cash only
- We pride ourselves in a clean boat and a courteous crew. Please use onboard trash receptacles or have your deckhands dispose of your trash.
- Our deckhands will instruct everyone on proper use of the rods and reels as well as give tips for more productive fishing. They will show you how to bait your hooks on your own, but will be more than happy to bait them for you. they will take your fish off the hook and if you choose to keep them, will bag them upon your departure.
- Deckhands will apprise you of all applicable fishing regulations.
- There is usually a fish cleaner at the dock upon your arrival that will clean your catch for an additional charge.
- For those of you who would like to sample your catch without bringing it home, visit our waterfront restaurant and seafood market. There for a nominal charge we will prepare it for you so that you may sit at a waterside table and enjoy the freshest catch of the day.
- Tipping: Although the fish don’t always co-operate, we will always strive to provide excellent service in a friendly atmosphere. Please remember that your deckhands are your waitstaff on the water and please tip accordingly.